Outbound Sales Representative
Want to know more about what it's like to work at FreightPros? Check out our reviews on Glassdoor.
FreightPros is a leading provider of less than truckload (LTL) and truckload freight rates and services. We are devout in our belief that providing incredible customer service along with extremely competitive rates built on top of our technology platform strongly separates us from our competition and has allowed us to grow at a phenomenal rate. In our experience with the logistics industry, we discovered that shipping is a pain; its expensive, carriers often drop the ball, and the customer is often uniformed about the choices they have to reduce their shipping costs. We knew there had to be a better way to keep costs down for customers and provide them with a superior level of customer service. To do this, we constantly strive to improve our technology to make our customer’s processes simpler, more efficient, and less costly. We are able to service our customers so effectively because of the amazing team we’ve been able to assemble that is dedicated to meeting our customers' varied and complex demands. We work hard, have fun, and keep our customers happy! All positions posted for FreightPros are located in our office in Austin, TX.
Our core values are:
Support: Build Trust by Having the Backs of our Team and Customers
Produce: Ideas Carried Out by a Culture of Doers
Respect: Promote a Friendly and Compassionate Attitude
Balance: Work Hard, Have Fun, Give Back
Develop: Foster Personal Growth and Continued Learning
You can read more about our core values here. (We highly recommend all candidates read this to learn more about who we are and what we think is important!) You can also see what our customers think of us by visiting our TrustPilot site.
Company Website: www.freightpros.com/
We are looking for hardworking, motivated professionals to join our dynamic team and help to build out our portfolio of customers. Your role will be focused on driving customer acquisition and maintaining the book of business that you build along with support from our account management team. We need team players that are intelligent, innovative and willing to provide feedback and input on best practices to help to continue to shape our business and add to our fun and hardworking culture. An entrepreneurial spirit is a must here a FreightPros, as sales executives prospect new business, think creatively to solve problems, and provide unmatched customer service.
Our business is growing extremely rapidly, so we also need a candidate who can be flexible in the work environment and adapt well to changing protocols and practices and help us develop best practices along the way.
All positions posted for FreightPros are located in our office in Austin, TX. Please do not apply if you are located outside of the Austin area.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Contribute to a close-knit, supportive team. You should be familiar with our core values and be ready to contribute ideas that help further engrain them in our processes. We love creative thinkers!
- Contribute ideas, analysis, and feedback to the FreightPros internal management team
- Be an integral part of a team of true PROs who provide incredible customer service that is tailored to what each our customers need.
- Initiate and close new freight accounts
- Make outbound calls and set appointments to meet prospective clients at their locations
- Perform cost analyses to determine appropriate contract pricing
- Demonstrate considerable product knowledge and deliver significant advice and support to our customers that will positively impact their business processes and costs
- You will learn the ins and outs of the freight shipping industry and will become very familiar with the differentials between each carrier, each customer and each team member you work with.
- Previous experience in the freight/logistics industry REQUIRED.
- Familiarity and orientation with our core values
- A love of learning new things each day
- Creative, outgoing, and excited about contributing new ideas
- Need to be in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking is embraced
- Hard working, motivated
- Effective communication skills
- Growth and sales oriented
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus, but not required
- Base salary plus commission, with no ceiling on commission. Expected base + commission after first year should be around $60,000.
- Matched 401k
- Part of an incredible team with an amazing culture
- Medical and Dental Benefits fully paid for after 60 days of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holiday Policy
- Ability for rapid advancement with a growing business located in one of the best cities in the U.S.
- Monthly team happy hours and internal sales contests/promotions